2018 Audi A4 vs. 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
2018 Audi A4 vs.2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
For some luxury enthusiasts, the 2018 Audi A4 exemplifies the premium sedan with its potent engine specs and generous cabin features. If you belong to this camp, you might be surprised to learn just how much more the 2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 offers in comparison, such as:
- Greater horsepower and torque
- 9-speed automatic transmission
- Standard emergency telematics
- Exclusive comforts and conveniences
To showcase its sensible balance of power and efficiency, we’ve compared the C-Class vs. Audi A4 below. Read on, then plan a trip from Los Angeles or Escondido to see the C-Class at our showroom!
Schedule a Test Drive
|2018 Audi A4 Sedan
||2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
|Feature Not Offered
||Automatic Load Leveling
||Driver Memory Settings
Under the hood of the 2018 Audi A4, you’ll find a 2.0L turbo inline-4 engine that’s capable of 190 hp and 236 lb-ft of torque. Suited for both urban and rural settings, the A4 earns an EPA-estimated 27 mpg city/37 mpg highway rating. The 2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 also houses a turbo 4-cylinder, but produces 241 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque. In the fuel economy department, the C 300 Sedan offers a comparable EPA-estimated 24 mpg city/33 mpg highway rating—impressive considering its output.
The A4 and C-Class offer a few similar features to keep you in control, such as electric power steering, a multi-mode drive program, and independent front/rear suspension. Only the C-Class, however, offers a 9G-TRONIC® 9-speed transmission. This unique machine allows San Diego drivers to change gears manually via the steering wheel-mounted shift paddles. Compared to other automatics in its segment, the 9G-TRONIC® is quicker on the uptake, changing gears also imperceptibly.
At the wheel of the Audi A4 Sedan, you’ll have a variety of cutting-edge amenities at your fingertips, including a central display, power-adjustable front seats, Bluetooth®* connectivity, and an SD card reader. When it comes to cabin luxuries, however, the 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class not only includes all of those features, it also holds a few aces of its own. The following amenities are standard equipment for the C-Class, but are either optional or unavailable for the Audi A4:
- Keyless Ignition and Entry: SmartKey® lets you unlock your doors selectively, while KEYLESS START® revs up the engine with the push of a button.
- Driver Memory Settings: The power-adjustable driver’s seat includes a convenient three-position memory system for the seat, side mirrors, and steering column.
- HD Radio™: Subscription-free and included at no extra cost, HD Radio™ offers additional AM and FM stations in crystal-clear quality.
- Emergency Telematics: Unlike the A4, the C-Class comes equipped with a slew of emergency telematics services (mbrace® Connect), such as remote vehicle access, stolen vehicle location, and emergency SOS.
The C-Class is the Ideal Choice for Temecula Drivers!
The 2018 C-Class yet again proves itself to be a powerful and feature-rich luxury vehicle, even up against the 2018 Audi A4. If you’d like to take a C-Class Sedan, Coupe, or Cabriolet for a spin, contact our sales team to book a test drive near Murrieta or Menifee! You can also visit us at 40910 Temecula Center Drive in Temecula, CA. Our doors are open all week!
*Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth® SIG, Inc.