In honor of Boss’s Day, we decided to do a different kind of blog. We were lucky enough to be able to meet with the General Manager of Mercedes-Benz of Temecula, Mr. Antony Chandler!
We took this chance to ask him a few questions we were interested in knowing…
- How long have you been working for Fletcher Jones?
- 21 years!I started as a salesperson, then finance manager, then used car manager, then used car director, then new car manager at Fletcher Jones in Newport. Now I have been the GM in Temecula for the last 28 months. According to MBUSA, we are the most successful Mercedes-Benz new point in history.
- • What is the most rewarding part of your job?
- Creating a team and an enterprise that will WOW our guests to the Fletcher Jones standards of Excellence. A culture that will stand the test.
- Have you always had an interest in the automotive industry?
- I went to University as an Economics and Business administration major, graduating with a first class B.com. But selling is what I do naturally.
- • What is your greatest accomplishment?
- Having a family.
- • What are some of your hobbies outside of work?
- I like to read e-mails from our owner, Mr. Garth Blumenthal, and think of creative ways to improve our dealership and employee morale.
- • If you could choose any Mercedes-Benz what would it be?
- I would choose the 2015 Mercedes-Benz B-Class that I am driving…I really like the low payment and never having to go to a gas station!