Everything You Need to Know About Metris & Sprinter Maintenance
Your Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Metris were built to last—that is, if they are being cared properly. At Mercedes-Benz of Temecula, we understand you rely heavily on your commercial van or fleets and shouldn’t lose valuable time to maintenance and repairs. So here’s your quick guide to your Mercedes-Benz van maintenance.
With the addition of our new Sprinter Authorized Service Center, Mercedes-Benz of Temecula offers all the services you need and more to keep your commercial vehicle in great shape!
Sprinter & Metris Oil Changes
How often your Sprinter or Metris needs fresh oil depends largely on your driving habits. For example, if you own a contracting business, chances are you’ll need more frequent oil top-ups due to regular towing/hauling. You can check your engine’s oil level using a regular dipstick or the control system via the multi-functional steering wheel/display. For additional guidance, be sure to read your owner’s manual and consult your trusted authorized Mercedes-Benz dealer!
Common Sprinter Problems
With the right team of professionals in your corner, keeping your Mercedes-Benz van in great condition is a breeze. Our Sprinter service is second to none in the Inland Empire! Below, you’ll find just a handful of the repairs our Mercedes-Benz Certified Technicians are equipped to perform:
- Harmonic Balancer Replacement: The harmonic balancer’s role is to reduce torsional vibration. Physical symptoms, such as engine vibration at different RPMs or a rough-running engine, indicate damage or failure.
- Drive Shaft Checks:To prevent costly repairs down the road, our service team will gladly check your van’s drive shaft and universal joints during each service visit.
- Transmission Fluid Changes: If your vehicle begins to shudder or vibrate as though you’re crossing a rumble strip, you may need to change your transmission fluid. A Mercedes-Benz Certified Technician can help you with this.
- Fuel Line Clips: Worn or unclipped fuel lines can cause operational problems or problems starting your car. With our help, you can ensure they’re always clipped into place.
- Climate System Inspections: If your air conditioning doesn’t emit cold air, or your climate fan only functions on high speed, you may have a hole in your condenser.
When to Come in for Service A and Service B
Your Mercedes-Benz “A” Service is usually performed by Master-Certified Technicians after the first 10,000 miles or 1 year of ownership—whichever occurs first. Afterward, the schedule changes to every 20,000 miles/2 years for 2009 or newer Sprinter Vans. Several routine repairs and maintenances are carried out during Service A, including:
- AdBlue® Replacement (for diesel vehicles only, such as the Sprinter)
- Fuel Filter Replacement
- Oil Filter Replacement^
- Mercedes-Benz Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement^
- Fluid checks and replenishments based on Mercedes-Benz-recommended intervals for your Sprinter Van’s model and year
- Brake Component Inspection
- Tire Inflation Check and Correction
- Maintenance Minder Reset
Mercedes-Benz Service A alternates with Service B. Normally Service B is needed after the first 20,000 miles or 2 years of ownership, and then every 20,000 miles/2 years going forward. Like Service A, Service B includes fluid checks, tire checks, a brake inspection, and more, but requires cabin air dust/combination filter replacement and a brake fluid exchange.
Visit Our Service Center
Service Center Hours
- Mon – Fri – 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Sat – 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Sun – Closed
Click below to make an appointment or contact a Fletcher Jones Service Coordinator to schedule a reservation by calling (951) 435-8629.