2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 vs. 2018 BMW X5
2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350vs. 2018 BMW X5
The 2018 BMW X5 Sports Activity Coupe is a top performer in its segment, offering:
- Starting MSRP of $57,200
- 300-hp 3.0L turbo inline-6 engine
- Cargo volume of up to 76.7 cubic feet
The 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350, however, hits the ground running with the following:
- Starting MSRP of only $52,200
- 302-hp 3.5L V6 engine
- Cargo volume of up to 80.3 cubic feet
Read on to compare the Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 vs. BMW X5 in greater depth, and find out which is right for Los Angeles families!
|2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350
||2018 BMW X5
|302-hp 3.5L V6
||300-hp 3.0L turbo I6
||Maximum Towing Capacity
|80.3 cubic feet
||Maximum Cargo Volume
||76.7 cubic feet
||Side-Mirror Logo Projectors
||Feature Not Offered
||Driver Attention Monitor
||Feature Not Offered
The 2018 BMW X5 starts at $57,200. Fully equipped, its price raises to about $61,650. If you’d like to save an extra $5,000, opt for the 2018 Mercedes-Benz GLE 350. It starts at $52,200; equipped with all options, it goes for around $59,740.
Performance & Capacities
The BMW X5 is considerably more expensive than the new GLE, so does that mean it’s more powerful and capable? Not necessarily. Look below to compare specs:
- Engine: The BMW X5 gets a 300-hp 3.0L turbo inline-6 rated at 300 lb-ft of torque. Under the hood of the GLE 350, you’ll find a 302-hp 3.5 V6 rated at 273 lb-ft of torque.
- Transmission: The GLE 350 and X5 come equipped with a 7-speed and 8-speed automatic transmission, respectively.
- Towing Capacity: Properly equipped, the GLE 350 can tow up to 7,200 pounds. The X5, on the other hand, manages just 5,952 pounds.
- Cargo Capacity: With the rear seats folded, the X5 offers up to 76.7 cubic feet of space. The GLE 350 is roomier, offering up to 80.3 cubic feet.
Although both SUVs share many safety features, the Mercedes-Benz GLE 350 goes a bit further than the BMW X5 in making sure drivers are safe on Murrieta and Menifee roads. Unlike the X5, the GLE 350 includes these driver assists as standard equipment:
- Side-mirror logo projectors
- Forward Collision Mitigation with Automatic Braking (Active Brake Assist)
- Pre-collision system (PRESAFE®)
- Trailer Stability Assist