Fast, Knowledgeable Mercedes Wheel Alignment for Temecula Drivers
Smooth, responsive handling is one of many traits that set Mercedes-Benz vehicles apart from the rest. So, if your vehicle “pulls” to the left or right, or the steering wheel vibrates, a larger issue is undoubtedly at play, such as an incorrect wheel alignment. Regardless of whether you drive a Mercedes sedan, coupe, cabriolet, or SUV, our Master Certified Technicians can inspect your vehicle’s wheel alignment, and make the necessary corrections quickly and efficiently.
The Basics of Wheel Alignment
Although wheel alignment isn’t frequently listed on car manufacturers’ maintenance schedules, it’s an important procedure that can preserve your tires and improve handling. Wheel alignment varies from car to car, depending on their performance profiles, drivetrains, and handling features. During a Mercedes wheel alignment, a Master Certified Technician will adjust your vehicle’s suspension, while keeping three specific tire angles in mind:
- Camber – the outward/inward angle of the tires as seen from the front of the car
- Caster – the position of the steering axis as seen from the side of the car
- Toe – the outward/inward angle of the tires as seen from directly above
When Do You Need It?
Wheels can fall out of alignment surprisingly easily. Side-swiping a curb, neglecting suspension checks and corrections, or running over a pothole can result in any of the following behaviors:
- Uneven Tread Wear: Misaligned tires don’t connect with the road at the appropriate angles, which leads to inconsistent tread wear and early tire replacements.
- Shaky Steering Wheel: A vibrating steering wheel is a symptom of uneven tire tread wear, as well as misaligned wheels, and requires a thorough inspection performed by an expert.
- Veering to One Side: If your vehicle “pulls” to the left or right, it’s likely that its wheel alignment is off-kilter, making straight-and-true driving impossible.
Visit Us Near Murrieta!
The professionals at Mercedes-Benz of Temecula are standing by to keep your vehicle’s wheels aligned and ready for the roads ahead! Schedule your appointment online today, or visit us at 40910 Temecula Center Drive– just off Winchester Road in Temecula. Our service team is available to assist you from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday!