Service Tip: Oil Change
Manny Henshaw Informs Us Why Oil Change is Imperative
Not sure how an oil change works? Manny Henshaw, Service Advisor, provides us with a great service tip on getting an oil change and why it is important for your vehicle!
What Happens if I Don’t Get an Oil Change?
When you don’t get an oil change, metallic shavings and other engine wear and tear particles shorten the lifespan of your engine, creating sludge that hinders the oil from circling in the engine the way it’s supposed to.
How Do I Check if I Need an Oil Change:
- Get the vehicle to operating temperature in about 3-5 minutes
- Pull out, clean, then re-insert the dipstick
- Make sure it goes all the way in
- Pull it out again. Be cautious as it may oil may be warm
- Oil level should be between in marks. If it’s too high/low, the oil level should be corrected.
- Oil needs change if the rug you used on the dipstick gets dirty and rusty
How Often Do I Need an Oil Change?
Mercedes-Benz recommends an oil change for your 2008 and older Mercedes-Benz every year or every 10,000 miles (whichever comes first).