2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 vs. 2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300
2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250vs. 2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300
The entry-level side of the luxury segment offers plenty to enjoy—at least when you buy Mercedes-Benz. Comparing the 2018 CLA 250 vs. 2018 C 300, it’s easy to see that both models offer tremendous value to Menifee shoppers. The new CLA is geared toward cost-effectiveness and efficiency, while the C-Class is slightly more expensive with luxuries like genuine wood trim and an optional touchpad controller. Take a look below to compare them in more detail!
|2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250
||2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300
|208-hp 2.0L turbo inline-4
||241-hp 2.0L turbo inline-4
||Power Front Seats w/ Driver-Seat Memory
||Natural Grain Brown Ash Wood
The 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 starts at $32,700, while the 2018 Mercedes-Benz C 300 has a base price of $40,250. Both vehicles offer the peace of mind that comes with 4-year/50,000-mile basic and 4-year/50,000-mile powertrain warranties. Technically, the CLA is a four-door coupe, and isn’t much smaller than the new C-Class. So, the right model for you will likely boil down to price, performance, and features.
Performance & Efficiency
Let’s compare the CLA 250 vs. C 300—starting with the numbers:
- Engine: Under the hood of the CLA 250 and C 300, you’ll find a 2.0L turbo inline-4 engine. The CLA 250 generates 208 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque, while the C 300 manages a stronger 241 hp and 273 lb-ft of torque.
- Transmission: The CLA 250 and a C 300 come with a 7-speed dual-clutch and 9-speed automatic, respectively. DYNAMIC SELECT® is standard on both models, and can modify shift points to suit your driving preferences.
- Fuel Economy: City fuel economy is the same for both models: 24 mpg. The CLA 250 earns four more miles per gallon on the highway than the C 300.
As entry-level luxury vehicles, the CLA 250 and C 300 offer generous amounts of features without overwhelming Los Angeles drivers. Powered front seats with driver memory, a rearview camera, dual-zone climate control, and 17-inch wheels are standard for both. Still, there are some differences to note:
- CLA 250: The CLA 250 comes equipped with sport front seats and an 8-inch central display; the C 300 doesn’t. Metallic Sail Pattern trim is standard for the interior.
- C 300: If you opt for the C 300, you’ll get a power sunroof and an optional touchpad controller. Natural Grain Brown Ash wood trim lines the console and doors.
Test Drive the CLA or C-Class Near San Diego!
Still need help comparing the CLA 250 vs. C 300? You can do it in person at Mercedes-Benz of Temecula! Schedule a test drive, or visit us at (951) 225-1145 near Murrieta and Escondido. Contact us any day of the week to learn more about the CLA or C-Class, or the benefits of leasing or financing.